Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Positivity

For my first post I'm going to focus on the importance of positivity.  I've been beating myself up my whole life because of my weight. I've also had a love hate relationship with food.  Meaning, I love food, especially the kind that isn't good for me, but I hate the way I feel about myself after eating it.  That type of negativity isn't healthy for anyone, let alone someone who is trying to make healthy lifestyle decisions.  So, my new attitude is not just approach each day with a fresh attitude towards food, but every meal.  Just because I may have blown my afternoon snack by eating 6 cookies (which I didn't, at least not today) doesn't mean that dinner has to be a waste too, or my snack before bed.  The most important aspect of positivity, in my opinion, is forgiveness.  You have to forgive yourself for the mistakes you make.  You also have to acknowledge why you made the mistake (emotions, letting yourself get too hungry, or a momentary lapse in judgement).  Part of my set of goals is to acknowledge why I make poor decisions regarding food and doing this should help me reach my goals.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you completely! It's so easy to feel like I should eat a burger for dinner because I ate a bunch of cookie dough but that isn't the case at all. It's about finding balance and getting back up after messing up!

    ReplyDelete