Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Happiness

I think that one of the most important things about weight loss is being happy.  When you are overweight it can be challenging to like the person you see in the mirror, and to love the way you look. I know because this has been me for majority of my life.  I think the thing that will be different this time and allow me to succeed is that I am happy, something that I haven't always been, especially during my dieting periods.

My new outlook is to not look at it like a diet and as a lifestyle change.  I am not trying to lose weight to make myself more attractive, although that is an added bonus, but for my health.  I have a fiancee, family and friends that love me very much.  I want to be around as long as possible for them, and the best way to do that is to take care of my health.  I don't so much care about the number on the scale, but the more important numbers that being a healthy weight leads to like normal blood pressure, normal A1C, and normal cholesterol.

So my advice to you is to find something that makes you happy.  Reading, writing, music, something that no matter your weight loss struggles you can count on to change your attitude and put a smile on your face.  Positivity leads to positive results.

No comments:

Post a Comment