Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Brushing Off a Bad Day

This morning I got on the scale and was immediately disappointed.  I know that I did not have the greatest eating habits over the weekend, but was back on track yesterday.   I wasn't expecting to find that all my progress could be washed away.  Then I started thinking that this is why many people choose to only weigh weekly.  You have natural variations in your weight based on water intake, retention, and for us females, that monthly time.  It's more consistent to weigh weekly, but for my OCD self I can't just weigh weekly.

I could have let today's bad weigh ruin my day, and let it turn into a disastrous cycle where I eat horribly for a week before I get back on track, but I wanted to take control.  Yesterday I said I was going to continue with the slow exercise again to build back up, but yesterday I didn't feel like I had done any work out so I decided to jump up today. Boy, did I feel it mid work out.  I actually didn't think I was going to be able to make it through the full 40 minutes of the video, but I did (minus one section, seriously I have no rhythm and cannot do one routine, it does more harm than good I swear).  So the 42 minute work out was closer to 37 I suppose.

I also took sometime this morning to reflect on my eating habits and rewarded myself for a few things I did yesterday.  After dinner my fiancee wanted vla.  He offered to make me a bowl as well and I immediately turned him down.  It was more of a reflex than actually thinking about the reasons I shouldn't.  This was good for me because it gave me less time to talk myself into having the bowl.  We also went for a short walk after dinner which made me feel pretty good.  I had made a delicious dinner of honey-soy chicken thighs, potatoes and fresh broccoli.  We eat a lot of potatoes, something most people don't do when trying to lose weight, but I try and limit my portions to very very small and fill up on more of the vegetables that I've made.  Plus, about 30% of your diet should come from carbs, and a few potatoes is better to me than a few slices of bread (just my opinion).  And I've tried to get my man to stop eating so many, but he's Dutch and he loves them.  Oh well.

So, I'm done with my work out, but it looks like the Holland spring is here and it's supposed to be another beautiful day so I'm also going to go for a nice long walk today.  I'm predicting being sore tomorrow so it's looking like it could be a yoga day.

Stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment