Saturday, February 22, 2014

A New Beginning

It's been just about a year since I've attempted blogging, but I think it's time to give it another go. I've become addicted to several bloggers, not all weight loss, but their inspirational stories and seeing the encouragement they get from others has drawn me back in.

My weight this morning was 93.3kg, which is somewhere right around 205lbs. This is my lowest weight since my Sophmore year of college, almost 6 years ago. I'd say that's quite an accomplishment and deserves a jump of joy! What's an even bigger accomplishment is that just 3 weeks ago I was 96.5kg.


Just over three weeks ago I had my first appointment with a dietician. I am a registered nurse and know quite a bit about nutrition and healthy eating (doing it for myself has always been the problem).  The Netherlands, where I'm currently living, however, has very different ideas about what healthy eating is. My dietician wants me to eat two bread meals a day. You read that correctly, bread meals twice a day.  Nobody would tell you to do that in America. I've been following her advice and it's been working though, so I'm going to go with it.  The bread here is very different. It's much healthier, made with much less sugar, and bought fresh from the baker.

I've also been using My Fitness Pal to track my calories, work outs and I try and keep my net calories (the calories after what I've eaten and what I've burned off) between 1200 and 1500. I tend to try and keep it to the lower end to make up for the miscalculations that occur. I tend to think that the My Fitness Pal counts too many calories in exercise and not enough for food, but so far it's working.

I plan on trying to keep my posts around 4-5 a week.  My next post will be about PCOS, the illness I have that makes losing weight, for me, doubly hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment