Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Funday

Sunday is probably my favorite day of the week.  I usually have a chance to sleep in a little and do lots of relaxing.  My fiancee and I always start Sundays off with a long walk, at least 5km and one hour, but usually we do more.  This Sunday was no different and the weather was beautiful so I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Walking is probably one of my favorite ways to work out and getting to do it outside when the sun shining makes it even better.  This was today's workout..




Our pace was slightly slower than usual, but we were not always walking on a flat surface. We walk through the woods and it was very muddy, sometimes steep and rarely flat which makes walking for speed a little bit harder, but a work out is a work out.  

One thing I say today was a lot of people running.  I've been trying to progress from a walker to a runner for about 3 weeks.  I'm up to the point of running for 3 minutes, walking 2, and running 3 etc. I can repeat this 3 times for 15 minutes.  I'm hoping that over the next week I might be able to increase my running time and decrease my walking time.  I loathe running, really, but I know it's healthy and good for me and I keep reading about that point you get to as a runner where it's not like running but more like floating or flying.  I want to reach that.  That's my goal for this year and once I am able to run for a mile or so at a time I plan on starting some half marathon training, but because running is still so challenging I don't have any set plans, for now it's simple: just be able to run a mile straight without stopping (tentative time goal of 12 minutes).  

My eating habits have been okay this weekend.  We went to a dinner party last night.  The food was relatively healthy.  I had a small salad with fresh greens, mushrooms, chicken and dressing (which was probably the worst part), we then had spinach soup, then I had probably 6oz pork loin with hutspot (a traditional dutch dish made of onion, carrot, and potato) and finally dessert was an individual homemade apple crumble with vanilla vla (Dutch style pudding, slightly thinner than in The States).  It was delicious and extremely satisfying, but I still found myself snacking after dinner on the provided nuts, crackers and brie.  All in all I don't think I did too badly, but there's definitely room for improvement. 


This is hutspot. It's delicious and healthy. This is not my serving though! I forgot my phone so I improvised with a picture from Google.  

How do you guys handle dinner parties when you have no control over what is being provided? 

No comments:

Post a Comment