Monday, February 24, 2014

Still on Track

This is probably one of the longest on track streaks I've had in all of my weight loss attempts, and I plan on using that as motivation to keep going, keep progressing and keep seeing progress.  

Last night's dinner was spaghetti with a baked chicken breast. When some people diet they complete forgo carbs. I'm a carb junky so that isn't possible for me and I tend to think that pasta gets a bad wrap. My personal opinion is that carbs are not the devil and can be eaten as part of a healthy diet. I choose to live with no off limit foods. It helps me feel less deprived and then I don't overeat when those foods inevitably get put in front of me.  

This is how I do pasta: 

Whole wheat pasta in an appropriate serving size (that's up for you to determine based on your goals and needs) I did about 1 cup of spaghetti cooked, and probably could have done with a little less.  

The other mistake I think people make with pasta, other than too many noodles, is just using a jar of sauce and not adding anything to it.  


This is what I do before I add sauce.  I sauté mushrooms, onions and colored peppers in a bit of olive oil. Once they're cooked I add a sauce to the veggies.  This veggie boost makes the pasta extra filling and delicious.  You can do what ever kind of vegetables you want and find tasty.  

Also be careful what is in the sauce you're using.  I do think that organic and natural products are important, but completely understand not being able to afford those products, as I currently can't myself, but always always always read the ingredient labels of what you buy.  A lot of jarred pasta sauces have tons of unnecessary sugar.  Another good option is to buy crushed or diced tomatoes and make a quick simple easy sauce yourself. The best part of this weight loss journey is that I get to try all sorts of different foods and recipes. 

This was my final product: 


You can't even see the pasta because there's so much sauce on top. That to me is a better pasta dinner than tons of noodles with a little bit of sauce. The chicken breast I baked with a little bit of oil. This piece of chicken was actually cut in half through the middle, so it's only half a chicken breast, 100g (3.5oz), an appropriate serving size even though it looks really big.  

Today was a successful gym day despite my nearly horrific tumble off the weight bench. I was doing leg drops and when I went from sitting on the bench to lean back I lost my balance and almost fell off the bench. I was ungracefully able to save myself complete with a leg in the air. I'm sure it was a beautiful picture, luckily I think I managed to do it all without anybody seeing me. 

I'm very happy with the progress I'm making and the way things are going.  

Do you think carbs are the ultimate anti diet food? How do you deal with carbs while trying to lose weight? 

Happy Monday :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment