Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Bumps in the Road

Over the last few weeks I've been riding some sort of exercise, healthy eating high and yesterday that high hit a bump.  I had a really good workout and was feeling great when I got home from the gym, but my eating habits throughout the day were not on track with my goals.

I think I let myself get dehydrated. I'm usually super conscious about how much water I drink because I know it's good for me, but yesterday around 3pm I realized that I had hardly drank any water since I had gotten home from the gym.  As a result I was feeling extremely hungry and ended up eating 3 separate snacks while making dinner.

My weight has also been holding steady since last Friday and with not seeing results I'm beginning to lose my motivation.  I keep trying to tell myself that one or two bad days isn't going to derail all the effort I've put in the last two months but not seeing results has seriously messed with my motivation and mental state.  Then today while I was on the treadmill I was seriously struggling.  I've been doing a 2 minute walking 3 minute running sequence for about a week and a half and it's been going pretty well but today when I finished my twenty minutes I felt like I had been hit by a train.  It took everything I had to stay on the treadmill and it was hard. I had to talk myself through the entire workout, saying "just three more minutes, just one more minute and you can walk."

I desperately wanted to stop my workout after the treadmill but managed to push myself through 10 minutes on the bike and 5 minutes on the stair treadmill (does that machine have an actual name, if so, what is it?), rounding my total cardio time to 35 minutes. My goal is 30-45 every gym day so that made me feel better.  I also made it through my entire leg workout, but after the gym I didn't feel that post workout high I've been feeling.

I really hope that my spin class goes better tomorrow and my motivation comes crawling back.  I'm just going to keep trying to get back on track until everything falls back into place, and remind myself of all the reasons I'm on this journey: my physical, mental and emotional health, my outer appearance and my wedding dress.  Thankfully I have lots of people rooting for me and helping me keep on track.

How do you get your motivation back when you lose it?

No comments:

Post a Comment