Monday, March 3, 2014

Those Four Little Words

"Are you losing weight?" Those four little words are music to my ears.  We had friends over for dinner on Saturday night and my friend Alexandra said to me "Je ziet er goed uit. Ben je afvallen?" Which means, "You look good. Are you losing weight?"  Having friends and family members notice my effort gives me more motivation to keep going.

For dinner Saturday night I didn't exactly stay on track with my healthy eating habits, but I knew on Saturday that I would be eating a less than healthy dinner and planned accordingly.  For Christmas Rogier's boss got us a pizarette.  It's a personal pizza stone, and it's a lot of fun to do, but it takes about an hour and a half to make two mini pizzas so we don't do it very often.


This is what the pizarette looks like.  I had planned to make my own whole wheat pizza crust but when I went to make it Saturday afternoon I realized I was out of yeast.  Whoops! I had a driving lesson (Yes I'm 24, have had my license for 8 years and still need driving lessons to get my license in The Netherlands), anyway, that made me run out of time so I sent Rogier to the store to buy two pizza crusts.  Not as healthy as my homemade version, but these things happen.  We had pepperoni, ham, onion and bell peppers for toppings.  


This is one of my finished products, and it was delicious.  Along with two mini pizzas I had one too many serving of German Noodle Salad, chicken wings, garlic bread and two big helpings of salad.  I also had ice-cream cake for dessert.  It didn't divide evenly into four pieces so I took the smaller piece. 

Sunday things were a little different than usual.  We're busy remodeling our bathroom, and by we I mean Rogier's doing all the work while I supervise.  That meant that we didn't get out for our usual Sunday walk.  Sunday eating was more on track.  I made a whole chicken and we ate it with boiled potatoes and broccoli.  


This is the finished product.  I love making whole chickens. They're super easy to make and the left overs can be used in burritos, soups, chicken salad, the list is pretty much endless.  I'm also going to make my own chicken stock today.  

I'm still on the right track and still have a lot of motivation.  I had the gym mostly to myself this morning since it's carnival weekend and most everyone is still in bed with a hangover. Those four little words will keep me going through this week, at least.  

Happy Monday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment