Monday, March 17, 2014

Frustration Station

In my previous attempts to lose weight I've never lasted this long, or had this much progress and that seems to be causing me some problems. I've read plenty in other blogs and in the vastness of the internet about the roller coaster that is weight loss and attempting to lead a healthier lifestyle. These ups and downs are more than I ever imagined.

Saturday was the 15th, half way through the month and my weight was 91.5kg. Perfect and right on track to losing 3kg this month. This morning my weight was 91.8kg.  In two days I gaind 0.3kg. There could be plenty of explanations, too much salt, too little water and the list goes one, but it's still discouraging. I'll be the first to admit I didn't eat extremely healthy over the past three days, but I also didn't overeat or go completely off the grid.

Friday dinner: homemade veggie pizza. I could have improved by having a smaller serving of pizza and a salad.

Saturday dinner: homemade burger with sautéed mushrooms and onions, lettuce, tomato on a whole wheat bun with no cheese. I also had homemade potato wedges and green beans.

Sunday dinner: homemade pasta carbonara with broccoli. I purposely ate a very small portion of whole wheat pasta and had a large salad.  I made homemade croutons that I probably could have gone without.

My calorie range was in the 1800-2000 range all three days. That's not exactly in the weight loss range, but it's certainly not enough to make me gain either.

To top off my frustrations running didn't go easy at the gym today and I just couldn't do it. I made it through four minutes of running and then after that I just couldn't keep going. I turned down my speed, increased my incline and walked for 15 minutes. It was hard. I think it's time I evaluate why I actually want to become a runner. I'm sitting here trying to think of the reasons but I can't. I can think of all the reasons I want to lead a healthier life and lose weight, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I have to become a runner? Does it? Who knows. I'll evaluate my reasons today and go from there.

Blah. That's how I feel about today. Blah.

Also, on a different note, has anyone every been cold all the time while losing weight? No matter what I wear or how warm it is outside my feet and hands seem to be cold all the time. I'm a nurse so of course the first thing I did was check my pulses and capillary refill and they're both fine. I just can't figure it out. I always thought I was naturally a warm person, but maybe I was just hot all the time because of my excess weight? One thing I'm positive of is that being cold all the time is super annoying.

1 comment:

  1. Don't get discouraged. Try to focus less on the numbers and more on how you feel. You'll drive yourself crazy over 1 lb or 2. I hate running too. I need to try and get back to it. 2 years ago I did the monument ave. 10K. It was a great feeling and by no means did I run the whole time....but I finished. You could try setting a goal like completing a 5K. Or if you want to take a break from running and try something else, try yoga. It'll help increase your strength and flexibility and it may actually make running easier if you go back to it. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete