Friday, March 14, 2014

Meatless Fridays

I'm back to being in a fabulous mood. I had an amazing workout this morning and made it through my 4 minutes running 1 minute walking the full 4 times. The last four minutes were definitely challenging, but to prove to myself that the challenge was more mental than physical I pushed my speed up during the last minute of running. I went from 8km/h (5mp/h) to 8.2. Not a significant increase but enough to hopefully increase my mental strength about running.

My weight this morning was 91.7kg. That puts me pretty on track to lose 3kg this month.  I was hoping to be a little less, but I'm still happy with my progress.  I usually weigh myself weekly, but only take my body measurements monthly, but I think I'm going to start doing them bi-monthly. A few nights ago I measured my waist just to see and it was 97cm already 2cm smaller than when I measured on the first of March.  That gives me a lot of incentive to measure more frequently, so I'm going to.

Other exciting news, I bought new biking pants yesterday. My current shorts or just a little too big. I decided to buy a size M but knew that I wouldn't be able to wear them just yet. To my surprise they actually almost fit! They're just a tiny bit too snug but in a two or three weeks I should be able to wear them comfortably.

My calorie counts have continued to be within my goal range. Last week I decided to do meatless Fridays for Lent, getting back in touch with my Catholic roots.  Hopefully this will aide in my weight loss efforts too. A lot of what I've been reading recently says to go meatless more days a week if you want to lose more weight.  This is only the second week, but it seems to be going well and may be something I continue after Lent.

I'm looking forward to a homemade vegetarian pizza tonight, loaded with lots of veggies.

The weekend is almost here folks!

1 comment: