Thursday, March 6, 2014

Mrs. Always Right

Today was a rest day from the gym and I had big plans to sleep in, but unfortunately that didn't happen and I was up at 7:45. Sad. On my rest days I usually try to eat less carbs because I know that's one thing that people with PCOS can do to assist in their weight loss.  I'm not super creative in the kitchen. I can follow a recipe and adapt it a little to make it my own, but pretty much the only low carb breakfast I can make is eggs.  I do different things with the eggs. Sometimes with bacon, sometimes with ham, but today was with multi colored peppers.  It was delicious, full of protein and healthy.

I had plans to go shopping with a friend today and she was treating me to lunch so I planned ahead to order a salad.  I was hoping for something with grilled chicken, but unfortunately they only had tuna and salmon salads and those didn't sound appealing, so I went with the salad with bacon. Still one of the healthier options on the menu. It was delicious and hit the spot. I really enjoy salads and for some reason I just can't seem to make them at home the way they're made in a restaurant. The dressing was very light, not creamy and the salad didn't come drenched like some salads you get at a restaurant. It came with a baguette and herbal butter.  Herbal butter is one of my favorite things ever. It's ridiculously unhealthy, but delicious.  I only ate half the serving of bread, also a win.


My friend ordered the biggest burger I've ever seen. 


Seriously, it was like the size of a pancake! She said it was good. 

When we first walked into the mall I saw an ice cream place advertising as homemade ice cream.  I'm a big ice cream person but home made ice cream is a downfall. It was the very first thing I saw when I walked in and I immediately had a craving. I made a deal with myself that if the craving hadn't passed by the time we were leaving then I could get one.  Well the craving didn't pass so I got an ice cream on the way out.  I felt good about my decision and didn't have any regret when it was finished. That happens sometimes if I don't plan on eating something and then do. The scoops are also a lot smaller here than in the states so it's not as much.  


I made one big purchase today.  



We may not technically be married yet, but it makes me laugh and I couldn't resist.  

Counting calories the last two days has been going well. Yesterday's count was 1,530 (1,095 net). Today's count is 1,340 (1,340 net).  

Tomorrow is a gym day and I'm hoping my treadmill walk/run sequence goes better so I can move to 4 minutes of running and 1 minute of walking on Monday. 

I'm happy it's almost the weekend! Hope you are too.  

Also I've decided to give up chips and loempia for Lent.  I don't eat chips nearly as often as I used to, but if you put a bag of Salt 'n Vinegar or Ketchup Chips in front of me, there's a good chance they won't last long. I also tend to sample from Rogier's chips if he's eating them, or if we go to friend's and there is some available I'll have some, but not during Lent.  Loempias I eat too much and they're delicious and fried so for Lent, I will not be having any.  

No comments:

Post a Comment