Friday, March 7, 2014

Losing Weight is Frustrating

This is how I felt on the scale this morning. 
"Losing weight is frustrating." That's the text I sent one of my friends this morning. I was frustrated after my weigh in because I weighed more this morning than I did yesterday. Not surprising considering I didn't work out yesterday and had ice cream. I still do not regret that decision, but I am going to start keeping better track of the indulgences I allow myself.

I have had 3 desserts in less than two weeks. That's pretty unheard of for me, at least in the past few months.  I do not regret the apple crumble I had at the dinner party Rogier and I went to, and I don't regret the ice cream from yesterday, but the ice cream cake I had last Saturday, when we had company, that I have a little regret about.  It didn't add to my experience with friends and in terms of dessert wasn't one of the best ones I've ever had.

So new plan: Indulgences (other than my nightly chocolate) will be kept to a once every two week maximum.  I plan on keeping myself accountable by marking my planner when I indulge. So I cannot indulge again until March 20, two weeks from yesterday.   When I had evaluated the past two weeks I couldn't believe how much indulgence I had allowed. This is a slip up and I'm determined to not let it happen again. I'm too committed to achieving my goals to slide completely off track.

Today was a good day at the gym and I'm looking forward to trying to increase the length of my run on Monday.

I've been trying remember to take my phone to the gym so I can post some pictures of myself working out, but I just can't take a good selfie...can't really believe I just said that. Anyway, I Just can't get it to work.

Hopefully after the weekend my frustrations will pass. Until then I'm just going to keep pushing.

Happy Weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment