Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday Blues? Nope, Not Today

I'm in a great mood. It could be because of this gorgeous Spring like weather we're having. It could be because I had an amazing workout this morning. It could be because yesterday I walked 12 kilometers, gave myself a pedicure, read an entire book and got to sit in the garden and get a little tan on my face. Whatever the reason I hope it sticks around.

Yesterday Rogier and I walked 12 kilometers. The weather was beautiful and it got up to 22 degrees celsius (71 F). It was a beautiful day. It's supposed to be a littler on the cooler side today, but still gorgeous for this time of year. Around kilometer 6 I was pretty unhappy with Rogier. I thought it was going to be a short walk, maybe 5K, but he had other plans. By the time we got home we were both dragging, but it felt so good when we finished.  I rode a high for the rest of the day. Plus after we walked up this gigantic hill we had a view of the entire city, and some of the neighboring cities. It was beautiful. I've also decided that I'm going to ask for a Garmin for my birthday so that I can track elevation when we walk, and eventually (hopefully) I start running outside. The picture to the right is our walk (I rounded up to 12K even).  The picture below is the view from the top of the hill we climbed.  It was gorgeous.


After we got home it was just about time for lunch and we were both pretty hungry. I decided to make bacon and eggs. I know bacon is pretty unhealthy, but I don't eat it a lot and I wanted something hearty and filling after burning all that energy.  


Two eggs with bacon on a multi grain baguette. It was delicious and absolutely what I needed after the morning work out.  

I also mentioned that I read an entire book yesterday. That's right, an entire book.  I've had a bit of book hangover since I finished the Divergent Series. I was so mad at the ending that I couldn't bring myself to start another book. I finally decided to start The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley.  It was amazing. I could not put it down. If you're a book lover you have to read it, you won't be disappointed.  

I was a little worried about how working out was going to go today. My legs felt really heavy and a tad sore from yesterday, but I wanted to continue to advance my running time and decrease my walking time.  I started with walking for two minutes, then I ran for four, followed by a one minute walk, then another 4 minutes of running.. etc. I did the 4X1 intervals four times and it felt amazing.  It was a little hard during the last set of running, but I made it and I was so happy and so proud of myself.  It felt great. I rounded off my cardio with ten minutes on the stationary bike and five minutes on the stair climber for a total of 37 minutes of cardio. I wanted to go a full ten on the stair climber, and could have, but on Mondays at my gym there's a high school gym class that comes in and if you don't take the equipment you need as soon as they get there, they'll take it and not really use it, but still roll your eyes at you when you ask if you can use it. I was not that annoying as a teenager, at least that's what I'll tell myself forever. 

I reached another fitness goal today 2 sets of 10 pushups! Woohoo! Strength training and cardio are getting easier and easier. I can feel myself getting stronger and healthier. The one thing that isn't getting easier is my planks. For some reason I can't seem to break more than a minute and a few seconds.  Maybe it's a mental thing? Who knows.  All I know is that I'm going to keep trying.   

Hope you're not suffering from the Monday blues.  

Oh before I forget.. Calorie counts: 

Saturday: 1,350
Sunday: 1,475 

Still on track :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment