Thursday, March 20, 2014

Picture Challenge

It's an absolutely beautiful day here and I was very excited for the walk I had planned with a friend. We ended up walking for just under an hour and hitting 5.6km. It was beautiful and warm and I definitely worked up a bit of a sweat. I felt great when we were done and am happy that I've done something active even if it's technically an off day. Just because it's a rest day doesn't give me license to sit on my butt and do nothing all day, even if all I wanted to do was sit in the garden and read.

This was our walking path. It goes through the small wooded area that's behind my house. There's trails and a walking path. We stayed mostly on the walking path because I don't trust myself on the trails enough yet not to get lost.


The good news is that on the exercise front, even though I'm not feeling the running, I'm still active almost every day and am feeling good about my strength and cardio training. My eating habits have been okay, nothing spectacular but no major slip ups. With that being said, I feel myself beginning to slowly come apart and see my eating habits moving away from the direction I want them to go. Thankfully I follow a bunch of "fitspo" on Instagram. I do believe that a lot of them are actually "thinspo" and promote some unhealthy things, but that's for a different time. This particular Instagramer posted a 10 easy steps to get back on track thing and I decided to try one. The one I'm trying is to photograph everything I eat, and I mean everything. My goal is to do this for one week even with plans this Saturday to go out to eat with Rogier's parents.  I will be posting pictures of everything I eat on Instagram.

I started this morning:

Breakfast: Two eggs, two clementines and a cup of coffee with stevia and splash of non-fat milk 

Lunch: chicken breast sandwich on whole grain bread with lettuce, tomato and yellow mustard. Pear and green tea 


Afternoon Snack: Appel Slices, cracker with reduced fat cheese


Hopefully this makes me accountable and will prevent me from making choices I would potentially end up regretting. Tomorrow is supposed to be a gym day, but I'm not sure yet how it's going to workout. I have a driving lesson at 9:30 ad because the gym doesn't open until 8 that's not enough time to get there, workout and shower before. My in-laws are also coming to town so we'll see. I'm hoping to get some sort of activity in even if it's not the gym.






No comments:

Post a Comment