Saturday, March 22, 2014

Small Victories

Things didn't pan out yesterday and I wasn't able to make it to the gym, BUT I did make it in the gym for an hour today. Something I don't really regret, but I am upset that during the hour and a half I spent at the gym it was beautiful weather and now it's raining. Not fun, but I feel better for having gone. I had to go to the gym today anyway to shower because our bathroom is still being remodeled. I figured if I need to use the gym showers I may as well make it worth while. And I did.

I had a small victory today while I was shopping with my future mother-in-law. I bought a dress that's a size 10. That's right a 10! It's still considered an XL in Europe butttt, that's seriously a small victory considering a few months ago I couldn't fit into a size 14 dress.

I'm also very close to a HUGE weight milestone. I'm not going to tell you what it is until I reach it, which I'm hoping will be tomorrow, but considering my (almost) in-laws are taking us to dinner tonight I don't see that happening. It's okay though. I'm still trending downward on the scale and that's the biggest thing that matters. Well not really. What matters most is my health, which bring me to my next topic.

I've decided that in April I'm going to only weigh myself one time. That's right one time in the entire month. Currently I weigh myself every day. My relationship with the scale is not a healthy one. I'm not saying that weighing everyday is unhealthy for everyone. It's not. It works for some people, but it's causing me serious stress. I'm still attributing my overall worth as a person to a number on a scale and that's a cycle I need and want

to break. My relationship with food is also still unhealthy, but that's improving more than my relationship with the scale. Rogier is going to have to hide the scale from me, but I'm really hoping to make some significant process in the mental part of this weight loss game during April.

I was also supposed to be taking pictures of everything I ate. I just can't remember to do it! Every time I finish eating something I think "crap, I didn't take a picture." So I've pretty much given up on that challenge, but I'm feeling better and stronger about this journey than I was a few days ago. I'm not as far off track as I was, but I could still improve. One thing I've learned though is that's okay. There will always be room for improvement in my diet and lifestyle. When there's not, that means I'm in denial.

I will leave you with a picture of my delicious dinner yesterday:


Homemade brown bean burritos in a homemade shell. I only had one burrito shel but covered it with enough bean mixture to fill a second burrito. I topped it with lettuce, tomato and avocado. As usual, it was delicious.

Happy Saturday :) Hope the weather is nicer where you are than where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment