Monday, April 28, 2014

Up, up, up.

I finally got back into the gym this morning and I'm feeling great. I did the bike for 15 minutes and the elliptical for 10. Only 25 minutes of cardio, but I wanted to take it easy on my ankle, which is still giving me problems. I completed my arm routine, and did some abs and called it a day.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow to get my ankle checked out. I have no idea what's wrong with it. I don't remember rolling it, and it's just been swollen and painful on and off for 5 days, not including the first day it happened. Walking seems to make it better, and it gets worse when I sit. Who knows, I just hope he doesn't tell me that I can't exercise for a period of time.

Last weekend my eating was good, nothing spectacular but good. Friday went well, for dinner I made pizza, but then we went to a birthday party. I ate more snacks than I wanted too, but didn't go completely overboard. Saturday was King's Day so after brunch Rogier and I went into the city. We sat on a terrace and had a few drinks, I had a cola and a coffee, no beer. It was around 3pm when we finally started to walk home and I was feeling hungry so we stopped at the snack wall.


This is what a Dutch Snack Wall looks like. It's all kinds of fried, unhealthy goodness. You put your money in and open the slot and get a snack. I had the bami snack, which is bami noodles (Indonesian Lo mien) that gets fried into a nice little ball. It's delicious and spicy and as far as snacks go not horrible. It's got about 200 calories. For dinner Saturday we had salmon. Saturday was a meatless day for me. I've decided to do one day completely meatless (no fish) and one day pescatarian. 

Yesterday was another so-so eating day, we were out and about and ended up having Ikea Hot Dog's for lunch (they're chicken, not beef). 

Last night's dinner was delicious. We had Argentinean style steaks, fried potatoes, white asparagus and sautéed mushrooms and onions. I oven fried the potatoes in coconut oil, and marinated the mushrooms and onions in an all natural garlic vinaigrette. It's my favorite salad dressing/marinade ever. It's also all natural. 

Doesn't that look delicious? It was and super satisfying. 

Today was the first day I got to try out my new eating plan for gym days: small snack before the gym, breakfast after the gym, and then a late lunch. 


This was my post-workout breakfast. One scrambled egg with salsa, peanut butter and a banana, and greek yogurt with strawberries. It was packed with protein and delicious. I'll give you a progress report tomorrow about how my appetite is in the afternoon, that's what I'm trying to curb. We'll see. 

Things are looking up and I'm more positive than I was during my last post. Hopefully this positive streak stays around longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment