Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Good and The Bad

The good: my weight is 90kg
The bad: my weight is 90kg

I didn't lose any weight this month, but I also didn't gain any, so I'll take that as a win.

I weighed myself yesterday and this morning. This morning when Rogier saw me he said "again babe, really?" He's very much against weighing everyday and has threatened to hide the scale from me, something I asked him to do in the beginning of April, when I was in Amsterdam, and wanted to not weigh myself for 30 days.

My conclusion is that skipping the scale doesn't work for me. I haven't figured out how to change my mindset and let the scale control me, but on some level I think it does encourage me and help me, even if it also discourages me.

I measured today too, but they're a little funky, I've lost everywhere except my waist and my chest. I've gained there, but we ate a very salty dinner last night, chicken teriyaki so I think I might be a little bloated. I'll measure again tomorrow and see what happens, but I have lost 3cm from my hips (love handles).

I went to the doctor Tuesday for my ankle. He's as stumped as I am, but if the swelling comeback I need to take pictures and email them to him, but while I was there I had no swelling, no pain and full range of motion. Typical.

I've been taking it easy at the gym this week. Yesterday I did 40 minutes of cardio and 1/3 of my leg routine. I have family getting in tomorrow and we'll have guests for a week straight and I don't want to risk my ankle acting up and not being able to walk around with them. I skipped today and will go to the gym tomorrow and then again on Monday.

I've been cleaning like a mad woman today trying to get the house appropriate for company so I've worked up a sweat that way and have probably gone up and down the stairs as many times as I usually would doing 10 minutes of the stair climber.

I can't wait for my birthday so my parents hopefully get me a fit-bit 1 (hint hint mom).

I'm very excited to see my Grandma and my Aunt tomorrow and my Mom and Dad on Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Have you thought about weighing yourself weekly? When I was trying to drop some weight I only did it weekly. It's long enough where you can see results but not long enough where you go crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing a lot better since this post. I've been weighing myself about 3 times a week, but using Monday as my "real" weight day. I have also learned to skip the scale if I'm feeling bloated or just having a bad body day. Small steps :)

    ReplyDelete