Monday, May 12, 2014

Day 1 of 7 (Times 3)

I know it's been awhile since I've blogged. Things have been incredibly busy here and I've had injuries and have been eating to my heart's content.

The week my Grandma and Aunt got here I had a back injury. When I first injured my back in September of last year I was told by my physical therapist to avoid the elliptical because of the way it moves my hips. That can cause my back pain. When I injured my ankle and my back was fine I thought that the elliptical would be a good compromise, but it wasn't. Apparently the elliptical is completely off limits for me.

I went out to eat 3 times in the week I had family here, twice to the same italian restaurant. It's amazingly delicious but not kind to my calorie count.

I won't go into details because we'd be here all week but I ate and I ate badly.

So today is my first day back on track. I'm doing a 21 day detox/cleanse. I didn't buy any products to do it. I'm doing it on my own. I generally think that if you eat healthy detox and cleanses aren't needed. I'm skeptical, but I am planning a tea-tox in July. More on that later.

Over the next 21 days (or 3 sets of 7 days as I'm calling it because it seems a lot shorter than 21) I will be restricting myself from:

Diary- milk, cheese, ice-cream, yogurt, quest bars :( and chocolate
Sweets- cookies, granola bars, granola (because as much as I like to call it a health food it's not in the quantities I consume), stevia, anything with added sugar (in reason) I will be doing my best to read ingredient lists and make sure that what I'm eating does not have ridiculous amounts of added sugar, which is difficult. I will be trying to eat real sugar and nothing that has added sugar substitutes
Alcohol- this won't be difficult because I hardly drink but I figured I'd throw it in for good measure
Grains- white bread, pasta, rice and other carb sources except for white potatoes- I'll give you my rant on why white potatoes aren't the enemy someday- in short it's not the poor potato it's the cheese, bacon, sour cream and butter that destroys it, or deep frying it.
Read to eat foods- nothing that comes from a box- in certain cases something that comes from a box that only has all natural ingredients will be allowed.
Snacks- no salty snacks, anything overly processed. I will try to eat only whole food snacks. Also my goal is to not eat after dinner. If I'm uncontrollably hungry I will eat a piece of fruit.
Meat- as far as deli meat for lunch I will only be eating ham, turkey or chicken breast. They seem less processed to me than salami and the others. I will be less strict on myself with dinner meat, sausage will be fine, but in moderation- once a week.

I think that's everything I decided on.

Tomorrow will be my first day at yoga. Last week I had family here and the week before that I was injured.

I made it to the gym this morning: 15 minutes on the treadmill (6 running, 8 walking), 15 minutes on the bike (level 3) and 10 minutes on the stair climber. Arm routine and abs.

More on my plans for the gym tomorrow. I'm sure I've bored you enough for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment