Thursday, May 15, 2014

Day 4 and Frustrations

Today started with some frustrations. I had plans to go to the gym and take a body combat class, but yesterday evening my ankle started acting up again. I have no idea what's going on or what's wrong with it, but yesterday evening I was walking to the kitchen and all of the sudden it was painful and I had trouble walking. It's not drastically swollen and isn't painful to the touch and my range of motion is only slightly limited but I'm walking with a limp. 

I should probably go to the doctor, but nurses make terrible patients. If it's still swollen on Monday I'll go back. Boo. 

My weight is 91.8kg. Disappointing but not at all surprising considering the lack of exercise and amount of food I've been eating. I can't expect to fix 2 weeks of bad decisions in 3 days, but it'd be nice if that was possible. I've also been eating like there's no tomorrow. I've been sticking to my guns and haven't indulged in anything unhealthy, but I've still been eating too much. Yesterday my calorie count was 2,175. AND to make it worse, I was still hungry when I went to bed. Rogier pointed out that this happened back in February when I first recommitted myself to this journey. Hopefully it will pass. 

Yesterday for dinner I made pepper steak, potatoes and brussels sprouts. 

It was delicious. The steak was a perfect cut of meat with next to zero fat and it was crusted in pepper which made it spicy. I also cooked it to perfection if I do say so myself. Perfectly medium. Perfect in my opinion anyway :) I boiled the potatoes and then pan fried them in coconut oil with garlic powder, paprika powder, chili powder and cracked black pepper. 

I'm going to try and eat less today. I had oatmeal for breakfast with a banana and strawberries. I had a sliced apple with cinnamon for snack and for lunch I plan on having a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. Today is a meatless day and egg salad is out because the mayonnaise we have is full of crap. So good old pb&j it is. 

Hopefully my eating will slow down and improve. 

Also hopefully my ankle stops hurting because I will be going to the gym tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment