Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Vacation Recap and Getting Back into a Rhythm

Hi! So I've decided that instead of doing multiple posts about my visit stateside I'll just do one long one and get it over with. This will help me get back on track with my blogging and focusing on what this blog is really all about, my weight loss journey. 

My trip started on June 13 with a flight from Amsterdam to DC. Then continued with an 8 hour drive from DC to Lansing, New York, where my bridal shower was. It was a long day and by the time I finally got to sleep I had been up for 26 hours. Traveling is fun. 

My bridal shower was on Saturday June 14 and it was amazing, except for the weather. Up until that morning it had been forecasted to be 75 and sunny, but ended up being 60 and cloudy. It was cold! Nobody was prepared for the cold weather because the weather man screwed things up so bad, but other than the cold it was great. My maid of honor did an amazing job! 

Everything was pink and white! I had a really cute white dress on, but due to the weather had to cover it up with a leather jacket. The sign says 118 days 'til she's hitched. Now that number is 94 days! I can't even believe it. 

We played some games, but not too many like you have at some bridal showers. 


Isn't that a beautiful cake? It was chocolate cake with buttercream frosting and it was covered in pink roses. My new initial is also there :) 


It tasted as delicious as it looks. 

By Tuesday I was in North Carolina with my parents. This was my real vacation week. I spent a lot of time lounging in the sun by the pool. That was relaxing. 

The following Tuesday I was in Richmond and had meetings with wedding vendors all week: DJ, bakery, wedding planner, photographer, florist. I won't bore you with all the details, just know I was very productive! 

Friday the 27 I went with some friends to Busch Gardens! I love roller coasters. Well let's correct that, I have a love-hate relationship with roller coasters. We had an amazing time! The weather was perfect and because it was a weekday there was hardly any lines! 


Taking inappropriate pictures on the rides is kind of our thing. Notice how Michelle (on the right) is pretty much all the way out of her seat. Good times. 

Saturday we went to brunch! Naturally there were mimosas involved, also kind of one of our things. 

And then I left on Sunday June 29 :( 

I had an amazing trip. 

So here's the breakdown/highlights of my exercise and horrible eating. 

I only exercised 3 times while I was home. Horrible, I'm aware. I ran once and swam laps twice. 

Eating. Well I went out frequently. I had McDonald's for breakfast once, ate at panera too many times to count, went to Logan's Steak House once with my parents, Cheesecake Factory, Cold Stone, Sweet Frog, Joe's Inn, The Whaling Company, and finally dinner with my parents for my dad's birthday at some hole in the wall BBQ joint, who's name I can't remember. Oh, and wayyyyy toooooo many veggie sticks. I have a problem with veggie sticks. They're amazing. 

I gained two pounds, one of which is already gone. 

It took me awhile to get back on track with the gym, but it's Tuesday and I've already been to the gym twice this week, with plans to go again tomorrow. 

I'm sure most of you already knew what I had done while I was visiting, but just incase I do have any readers out there who don't know me, I hope you enjoyed my recap. If you are a consistent reader that I don't know personally leave a comment and say hi :)

Okay, bye. 






No comments:

Post a Comment