Wednesday, July 9, 2014

New Fitness Toys

When I was in the states I had a few new toys gifted to me. Lauren got me a fitbit one as my bridal shower gift. Unfortunately my parents got me one for my birthday, so I had to return the one Lauren got me to Target, and ended up buying lots of fun new workout clothes. My parents also gave me a Garmin Forerunner 10. 

The fitbit one is one of those new hip pedometers. It tracks your steps, stairs climbed, distance and calories. It's pretty cool and highly motivating. My daily goal is 10,000 steps. That puts my weekly goal 70,000. My weekly step count today is 84,800 and my daily average is 14,000. That's a lot of steps. That's a perk of now having a job, and a job that requires lots of walking at that. I've gotten to over 20,000 steps 3 times and I've only been using the fitbit for 9 days. I say I'm doing pretty well. 

The Garmin Forerunn 10 is a running tracker. It's the lowest Garmin model and it's all I need. I ran twice at my parents and because it was much easier and much more satisfying than running on a treadmill I decided I would start trying to run outside. I decided I wanted the Garmin because even though there are all those free apps on the iPhone for running I cannot run with an iPhone strapped to my arm. I don't have any music on my iPhone, I have an iPod shuffle thats super tiny and can just be attached. It's a weird pet peeve I know, but I can't have something that big attached to me while I'm trying to run. 

I was hoping to use my Garmin for the first time today, but it's raining. It's been raining here for pretty much 36 hours straight. Cool. Not. I'm over it. Anyway, hopefully on my next day off I can get out for a morning run. 

I've been to the gym three times this week and I'm already starting to feel better about myself because of it. One day I'll learn that even though I hate going to the gym, it makes me happy to do it, and hopefully someday I'll actually enjoy going. 

I'm working the next 6 days. Four morning and 2 evening shifts so my posts will be intermittent at best. 

In preparation for those four morning I made breakfast burritos. I love breakfast burritos. The first few times I was working I found myself insanely hungry by the time my morning break rolled around. I was eating a boiled egg, cereal and a banana. It wasn't keeping me satisfied. So the last time I worked I decided to make a breakfast burrito and it kept me fuller. I was still hungry around my break, but not to the point that it was almost intolerable like it had been. 

Breakfast burritos are ridiculously easy to make. I made 7 this morning and it took me maybe 15 minutes. 

There's really no right or wrong way to make breakfast burritos and you can basically mix anything you want into them. I started by sautéing red pepper, onion, and mushroom in a  little bit of oil. After the veggies had softened I added some lean ham.


Doesn't that look delicious? 

Then I added the eggs. I used 10 eggs to make 7 burritos. I cracked the eggs and mixed in a little bit of almond milk, salt, pepper and cayenne to add a little kick. 


Then all you have to do is cook the eggs until they're done and scoop into a tortilla shell. 


You can seriously put anything in these. You can sprinkle cheese on top. You can use turkey sausage or bacon. Any veggie will do. Seriously. Spinach would also be great. They're also perfect for an on the go morning. I wrap mine in foil, then freeze them. The night before I plan on using one I take it out of the freezer and put it in the fridge overnight and just pop them in the oven for 20 minutes in the morning. Voila. Breakfast. Most importantly it's healthy and delicious. 

Okay, 
Bye




No comments:

Post a Comment