Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Those Are Leggings?

Sweater dress, leggings and boots. That's my go-to outfit in the fall and winter.  I love it. It's comfortable, warm and most of the time a cute outfit.  I recently went out shopping with a friend and wore this typical outfit (the sweater dress didn't fit just a few months ago). We do not have a full length mirror in our house. I want one desperately, but even if we did buy one, we have no place to put it. That being the case I usually rely on Rogier to tell me if I look ridiculous or just go with outfits I always wear and know look good.

I had a great afternoon out and about shopping and when I got home I caught a glimpse of myself in one of our cabinets that has glass windows and can be used as a full length mirror in a pinch (or always as is the case in this house). I couldn't believe it. I looked ridiculous. The leggings were so baggy. I lifted up my dress to look at my butt and it looked like I was wearing a full diaper.

Rogier came home shortly after and the very first thing I said to him was, "look at me! I actually went out like this today. Look at these leggings." He replied, "those are leggings?"  After some more talk about how ridiculous I looked Rogier looked at me and said, "What's exactly the problem that your clothes are getting too big?" Fair point. And then I went from being embarrassed to have looked ridiculous all day to being ecstatic that some of my clothes are too big!

In this revelation I tried on some clothes that I've been holding on to in hopes of fitting into. In December I bought two pairs of jeans that were a little bit to small, but the size bigger was too too big. They fit uncomfortably and made me have a very large muffin top, but that was easily hidden with a large jacket or sweater.  Both of these pants now fit! I also tried on shorts that I bought back in 2010 for a trip to Cancun. I wore them once in Cancun and then never again because I quickly gained back all the weight I lost for the trip. I'm now 5 pounds lighter than I was on that trip and the shorts fit! Snugly, but comfortably.
sugar waffels! delicious

Too add to all this good news and excitement I found out this morning that one of my bridesmaids and dearest friends is coming to see me! Hopefully everything falls into place and she'll be here at the end of the month. She's a runner, so I plan on having her help me transition to outside running. She'll have to run off all the suikerwafels (sugar waffles) she'll be eating non stop.

Today was a good gym day. Another Wednesday spin. Routine is definitely helping push me through on the harder days. I hate it sometimes, but I always feel amazing once I'm done. I'm planning on making a lightened up version of Swedish Meatballs for dinner. Wish me luck. I haven't tried this one before.

I also had a delicious post workout snack of greek yogurt with all natural granola. Pretty much my favorite snack ever, but granola can be a real calorie bomb so I definitely watch my portions and only allow myself to eat it after I've had a good workout.


I'm looking forward to rest day tomorrow and then getting back on the treadmill Friday. 

It's Hump Day! So your week is half over :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment