Monday, April 14, 2014

A Friendly Competition

I received a lot of positive comments from friends yesterday that read my blog. None of them comment on the blog, but I received a few texts and a Facebook comment. It makes me feel good to receive positive feedback.

One of the texts I received from a friend, "been reading your blog and it has definitely helped me motivate me." So we decided to make a friendly little competition. We have a weight in mind and the first person to reach that weight gets a new outfit bought for them, courtesy of the other, from the best store ever..Target, obviously. In an effort to not disclose who she is I won't tell you what weight were trying to get to or who has the current advantage (we do not weigh the same right now). I'm very excited about this challenge and hope that I win! :) In any case it will definitely help motivate me.

This morning I made it to the gym. I did twelve minutes on the treadmill: eight minutes running and four minutes walking. I walked two minutes, ran 6, walked two, and finished with running two. I then did ten minutes on the bike, level four and finished with ten minutes on the stair climber, level four. It felt really good. I then moved on to arms. I did my full routine for the first time in two weeks and I'm feeling it now, but it felt amazing to be able to complete after the way I was feeling last week.

It's only Monday, but I'm feeling great and I'm hoping that feeling continues throughout this week. I'm also going to try and track my calories all week and see how that fairs. I have weighed myself once since the first of April. I know I said I wasn't going to, but I caved. I was up to 90.5kg, not surprising since I've gone to the gym a total of now 3 times this month and have been eating to my hearts content. I'll also be weighed next week at my dietician appointment. I've come to the conclusion that I will most likely not weigh 87kg come May 1, but I'm okay with that. I'll weigh what I weigh and move forward. What's important is how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment