Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Small Feat

It's only been two days, but I'm feeling great about my workouts, eating, and overall choices this week. After my workout yesterday I was on my feet for a good portion of the day, which being unemployed is not exactly the norm anymore.

For dinner last night I made runder vink. Vink means Finch, which is a bird. The meat is actually a nice cut of beef. I have no idea what the English word for it is, and I've never actually seen it in The States. I served it with broccoli and oven fried potatoes. I boiled the potatoes first for about 10 minutes and then diced them up and baked them in coconut oil. I've just recently jumped on the coconut oil train. I'm not a very big fan of the flavor of coconut and I was worried that all of my food would taste coconutty if I used that as an oil. It didn't at all, which I was happy about. I seasoned the potatoes with cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic and cracked black pepper.


It was a delicious dinner and very satisfying. I had 100g (3oz) of beef, 200g (1 cup) broccoli, and 50g (1/4 cup) of potatoes. 

This morning at the gym I did 15 minutes on the treadmill: 2 minutes walking, 4 minutes running, 4 minutes walking, 2 minutes running, 2 minutes walking, 1 minute running. I then did 15 minutes on the bike, level three and finished with 10 minutes on the stair climber, level 4, for a total of 40 minutes of cardio. 

I then did a leg workout. I started with squats and step-ups. I did 3 sets of 10 squats with 30kg on the bar, and 3 sets of 8 step-ups (each leg). I then did 3 sets of 10 lunges and 3 sets of 10 side lunges. I finished with 3 sets of 10 narrow squats and 3 sets of 10 sumo squats. I'm finding it a little difficult to walk normally, but it felt good. I finished with leg drops, plank, boat pose, and sit-ups on the stability ball for abs. 

I'm having a little bit of tenderness in my left ankle right now. I'm not sure why, it didn't bother me until I had gotten out of the shower, but well see how it goes. I took two ibuprofen and tomorrow I'm planning on doing a spin class which doesn't put as much strain on my ankles as running or stair climbing. 

I made good choices yesterday and will continue to try and make good choices today. Two days may not be a lot, but it's a small feat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment