Monday, April 7, 2014

Back on the Grind

Today was my first day back in the gym after a 10 day hiatus and boy could I feel myself dragging.

The last time I went to the gym was Thursday, March 28, the day before my house guests arrived. In the ten days that have passed I have indulged in several treats and over ate on almost every day. My last post was about Cologne on Sunday, April 1. Cologne was beautiful and I'll definitely be going back.

Last Monday was a very lazy recovery day after 14 hours of touring and traveling. Tuesday I travelled to Amsterdam with Lauren and her mom. Breakfast was fairly normal. I had two slices of bread with deli meat and a piece of fruit. I had lunch and dinner in Amsterdam and a gelato. And it was all delicious.


I had this burger for lunch during our First day in Amsterdam. Thankfully it didn't come with fries because I was already stuffed after just the burger. 


This was my treat on our first day. It was real gelato.  I had Dutch Stroopwaffel and chocolate flavors. They were delicious. I had kind of wished I only ordered one scoop but Lauren only got one and then wished she had gotten two. It was extra calories, but it was worth it. 


For dinner I showed them a Chinese Mandarin restaurant that I'd eaten at before. We got Imperial Chicken (Chicken Kung Pao) and Shanghai Noodles. The Noodles came with fried shrimp and pork. It was so good and I felt satisfied after but not overly full. Lauren and her mom stopped for dessert on the way home, but I passed. 

In total we walked over 20,000 steps our first day in Amsterdam. 

We stayed overnight in a hotel and the breakfast was really good, but I don't have any pictures of it.  I over indulged at breakfast but didn't go crazy. 


This was lunch our second day in Amsterdam. It was a grilled chicken club sandwich and fries. I didn't finish the fries, but definitely ate more than I should have. 


This was my indulgence on our second day. It's a sugar waffle covered in chocolate sauce and whip cream. It was amazing. 


This was dinner and it's probably one of the best things I've ever eaten. It was a fried brie ravioli with a tomato basil pasta sauce and it came with tons and tons of veggies! There's fresh arugula topping it, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans and even a few snow peas! It was so good. I finished it even though I was full about 3/4 of the way through. 

Our second day in Amsterdam we walked just over 19,000 steps. 

We got back from Amsterdam on Thursday and really didn't do a whole lot of anything the rest of the day. Friday I went and saw Divergent with Lauren. It was so good! I definitely need to reread the book. 

What I should have done was stop indulging in unhealthy foods and overeating but I didn't until yesterday. Oh well. These things happen and I'm working on getting back on track. 

Today I went to the gym. I only did 25 minutes of cardio and I felt like I was going to pass out. It was hard. I finished my usual arm workout and even increased my weight to 10kg an arm. That's progress. 

I will be going back to the gym tomorrow and will continue to try and make healthier eating choices. I've been extremely hungry today and have eaten a little more than I should, but it's been mostly healthy choices. Except the chocolate. But I'm working on it. I'll get back to where I was. 

I'm not sure if I'll reach 87kg this month, but I'm going to do my best to try. I did finally take my measurements yesterday and they have gotten smaller, that's also a win! 

I'm not going to be running this week at the gym. I'm just going to try and rebuild what I've lost. I walked 15 minutes today on a 5% incline and I thought that was going to kill me. I can't imagine having tried to run. That's on next weeks agenda. 






No comments:

Post a Comment