Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Blah

Blah. That word basically sums up how I feel about my eating, exercise, body and pretty much myself over the past few days. I've been having a difficult time getting back on track since my visitors left. I've continually made poor food decisions and feel myself slipping into old habits. I have no idea how to stop it, but I do know that I'm the only person who can improve my decisions.

On top of my poor eating habits, including the fact that I've felt constantly hungry since Monday, is getting back into my exercise routine has been extremely challenging. I went to the gym Monday and got through 25minutes of cardio and my normal weight routine. I toned down the cardio a bit, but did my full arm strength routine. Yesterday at the gym I did 35 minutes of cardio. I should have known that my leg routine was going to be challenging considering they were in pain after walking up the 1 1/2 flights of stairs to get to the gym. I got half way through my squats and box jumps when I was in so much pain I couldn't do it anymore. I moved no to abs and did 30 minutes of stretching, hoping that would be enough- it wasn't.

I passed on the gym today because my legs still hurt so bad. I did manage to get out for a walk. It was needed and I did another 30 minute stretching routine afterwards. I  can still feel my legs and they still feel heavy, but better.


It felt good to be doing something active. I'm hoping to do a spin class tomorrow, but it's going to depend on how I feel. I have also been feeling like I'm coming down with something or getting over something I never really contracted. I've just been off. 

I'm just going to keep pushing and trying to decide to make better decisions. Maybe it will help to write down my reasons for wanting to get healthy again. We'll see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment