Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Workouts

This morning when I woke up, I was dreading going to the gym. My legs hurt from doing my leg workout yesterday and I was just not looking forward to it. I got on the scale :( 91.5kg. I put on my workout clothes and dragged myself to the gym. See that stupid scale is good for some things. 

I decided to take it easy on my legs. I did 30 minutes of cardio: 10 minutes walking on the treadmill, 10 minutes on the upright bike level 3, and 10 minutes on the elliptical level 4. I then did back and abs, the two muscle groups that weren't so sore I could actually move them. 

Then a great thing happened. One of the other gym regulars commented me on my weight loss! I was so happy and it made me very thankful that I had gone to the gym! My friends and family notice my progress, but having a compliment given by a virtual stranger made me feel great. 

I've been to the gym all three days this week. So far so good. 

Yesterday was a little crazy. I had my first shift as an employed person in The Netherlands! That's right I'm employed! So exciting. I only worked four hours, but I was up at 5:45, something that hasn't happened in a very long time. So I ate breakfast before work: bran flakes with almond milk and a banana, and a hard boiled egg. After work I had lunch part 1: 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and an apple. I then went to the gym and did 40 minutes of cardio: 15 minutes on the treadmill, 15 minutes on the upright bike and 10 minutes on the stair climber. I then did a leg workout: 3X12 squats with 30kg, 3X10 (each leg) step ups, 2X10 (each leg) lunges, 2X10 (each leg) side lunges, 3X10 sumo squats, 3 X10 narrow squats, and 3X10 calf raises. 

After the gym I ate a quest bar. When I got home I had lunch part 2: 1/2 peanut butter and jelly sandwich, greek yogurt with strawberries. 

Dinner was salmon, spinach, and a bit of boiled potatoes. 

I was so hungry all evening. It was ridiculous. I had crackers with cheese, a sandwich, and a few snack sausages AND I could have continued to eat. BUT I didn't, and I also didn't buy the ice-cream I wanted from the supermarket. I had it in my hand and it was at the checkout line, but I put it back. Yay for small victories. 

My weight continues to frustrate me, but it will get better. It has to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment