Sunday, June 1, 2014

Transitions

This past week I entered a new phase in my life. A new phase, including employment. For those of you who are unaware, when I packed up all my belongings and moved across the ocean, I did so without any job prospects. I've spent the last year unemployed and desperately searching for work. 

During this time I have been able to put my health and fitness very high on my priority list. I may not have always chosen to do that, but the opportunity was there. Now that I'm working I'm going to have to readjust me workout routine, and figure out a way to maintain my goals as a priority. It's a transition. One I'm looking forward to, but one that will definitely come with a few challenges. 

I worked Friday morning from 7-11. That doesn't seem that bad, and it's really not, but 5:15 is EARLY. Oh my goodness. I forgot what it's like to be up before 7am, and I didn't miss it. Hopefully when I get my first paycheck I'll remind myself how worth it, it is. Friday night we had people over for a BBQ. Everyone was bringing something with them, and I had put myself in charge of dessert specifically so I could make something on the healthier side. I made brownies with coconut flour. They're refined flour and sugar free, and they were actually pretty good. 


Recipe 

Ingredients: 

1/2 cup coconut flour 
1/2 cup cocoa powder 
3/4 cup honey 
1tsp vanilla 
3 eggs at room temperature 
1/2 cup + 2tbs butter, melted 
oil for greasing the pan 

Method: 
preheat oven to 300 degrees 

1) In a large mixing bowl stir coconut flour and cocoa powder together
2) Add eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition
3) Add melted butter, honey, and vanilla extract and mix until combined 
4) Grease a 9X9 pan with the oil of your choice ( I used coconut spray oil) 
5) Pour mixture into the pan and cook for 25-30 minutes

recipe adapted from Empowered Sustenance 

They were delicious and everyone at the BBQ loved them. 

I also topped the brownie with some pecan-caramel ice cream. I also had another serving of that Saturday night and then it was promptly put down the drain. 

Today we had another long Sunday walk. 


Tomorrow I'm planning a gym day. Cardio and legs. I'm looking forward to it. Today was a weigh day, but I forgot so I'll do it tomorrow, although I'm not looking forward to it. We'll see. My measurements also show gains, and that's the opposite of what I'm trying to do. i just have to stay focused. Remind myself why I want to make good choices and that I've come so far. I've lost 37lbs (17kg) and that is something to be proud of. I just have to keep going. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment