Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Meal Prep and A New Diet

Yesterday I started doing some research on the "if it fits your macros" ( IIFYM, as the cool kids call it) diet. This was formerly known as flexible dieting, and it's not really a new concept, but I did some extensive research on it yesterday and thought I would give it a try. I'm a little concerned about the amount of protein I need to be eating. I can't imagine getting that much protein every day considering it's more than double my current intake, but I'll buy some protein powder and go from there. 

If you don't know what IIFYM is or want more information about tit, google it. There's tons of information on it, and I'm not knowledgeable enough to explain it adequately, but basically the concept is that if it fits into your macro nutrient goals (fats, carbs, and protein) then you can eat it. Of course it shouldn't be used as an excuse to stuff your face, but it's designed so that you can indulge and not feel deprived in your new lifestyle. 

I'll keep you posted on how it goes. 

I work the next four days, granted Friday-Sunday are only four hour shifts, they require me waking up at 5:15. That's too early. Even though they're only four hour shifts, they're the busiest four hours and my body is just simply not used to turning, bathing and cleaning people anymore. I used to work 12 hour shifts 3-4 times a week and now a 4 hour shift terrifies me. A year and a half of unemployment has not been good to me. 

Anywaaay. I know myself and I know that I am not going to be up to cooking meals. I also know that because I will be exhausted I will feel hungry. In order to avoid complete derailing all the progress I've made this week (the scale is trending down again! woohoo!) I will be making healthy snacks and planning meals today. 

I'm going to make roasted chickpeas to take to work: 
recipe here
I'll be making the garlic parmesan and spicy blend. 

I'm going to make parmesan garlic flatbread 
recipe here

I'll also be making whole wheat pizza crust and whole wheat tortillas.

I need to plan meals for the next four nights as well. Planning is the most important part of weight loss. I know this, I just need to keep reminding myself of that. 

Okay, I need to get to work! 

Happy hump day :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment